See the highlights of the Sacred City of Kandy, a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site, on this private, full-day tour. Head to the Spice Garden with your private guide to sample scents of one of Sri Lanka’s most celebrated exports. Afterward, visit the city of Kandy, with stops at the Temple of Tooth Relic (Sri Dalada Maligawa), Tea Factory Market Square, Lake visit, the Gem Museum, and more.
- Pick up from Negombo hotel and transfer to Kandy.
- On the way Visit Tea Factory and Tea Plantation.
- Visit Peradeniya Royal Botanical Garden. The groundwork for a botanical garden was formed by Alexandar Moon in 1821 during the British colonial period. He used the garden for coffee and cinnamon plants. The garden includes more than 4000 species of plants, including orchids, spices, medicinal plants, and palm trees.
- Lunch at a recommended restaurant.
- Visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic in Kandy where Lord Buddha’s sacred tooth relic calls home. Kandy Temple of Tooth Relic is the most
sacred and venerated temple in Sri Lanka and is a must when visiting Sri Lanka.
- Kandy City Tour.
- Transfer back to Negombo.